1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Settings, configurations, etc.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Patrick Elliott, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Elliott

I'd like to see what configurations other users are using in silcer, How about tips on acceleration?
    This is my first printer and so far I've been plugging along blindly.

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Patrick, there are a lot of tips spread throughout this forum. I am sure will find tham after you get more familiar with the forum.The first thing I will say regarding any print is that it depends one a few things, the person doing what they consider good, the print itself, the material being printed, and the printer as each as it comes to life becomes it own separate thing. Some people like to print things slower and less than 100% flow like I do and some prints just work out better when things are done that way. But if you have aprint that has a lot of bridging to do maybe setting things a bit faster is better.

I will gladly give you any settings I have for slicr but I am not sure how much they will help

Sometimes general guidelines are given when talking about prints such a perm and infill and supports and these are in regard to that specific print but things will change with different materials as well 2013-08-27 22.12.40.jpg
    That is what I have right now in slicer and each are used with different prints
    my code is this
    H is the print height 2 =200microns
    F is the infill it is a percentage 100%, 15%, 20% etc
    SK is the skirt it is how many lines
    B is the Brim again it is how many lines
    S is support 1 for yes 0 for no
    R is for the Raft and is hoiw many lines test1,2,3 are settings I have not decided fully on yet
    and usually had to do with speed

this is just my own little way of doit it others do it differently but this way I can see what I want to try just by looking at the name.

Sorry if this wasn't much help but continue to ask thing we are here to help if we can

3. Patrick Elliott

That's exactly what I'm looking for..

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

that sad part is that one day one will work for a print and then the next it won't cause outside things have changed that is why I have so many of the test ones something wasn't quite right so I had to tweak it a bit

but at least you have them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.