1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Settings Thread - Cura

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by scotta, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotta

scotta Active Member

AutopsyTurvy started a tread on settings for Repetier Host.
    http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php?threads/settings-thread.1529/#post-10973

I though that one for Cura would be good as well. I have been having some great success with this software, it lays down a good bed that has helped with some smaller finicky parts.

Ive been using the robo 3d filament and the following temperatures
    Black - 200C
    Red - 190C
    CuraSettings2.jpg CuraSettings1.jpg
    CuraSettings3.jpg
    The only change to the start G-code is to extrude more before starting to print. This helped to ensure that the printer was extruding right at the start of the print.

2 people like this.
  2. Chas

Chas Member

Would you mind posting all the settings youve been using? I've found that cura works far better than Sli3r but Im still not sure I have my settings right.

3. Peter Tas

Peter Tas New Member

I'm very new at this. Repetier crashed all the time on my 6 yr old macbook, so I am also using Cura. My best result until now is 205 C with a layer height of 0,2 mm. Because I have no idea what I am doing, I left the rest of the settings as they where.

4. scotta

scotta Active Member

The only other settings in cura is the advanced tab. These are pretty standard.
    Cura Settings - advanced.jpg

5. PhilKenSebben

PhilKenSebben New Member

I've found Cura to be working much quicker and nicer, however I have found I can't pause prints without it causing the connection to time-out and fail. Other than that I've been dialing the extrusion amount back to around 90% and added another layer of fill because I found that it left holes occasionally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.