1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

So much Problems!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Phistina, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phistina

Phistina New Member

I have not had much luck with my Robo3D, lately it makes an awful sound when it does not connect properly with the mechanical end roller switch as shown in the video. second now the bed gets too hot and the extruder just sits and burns a hole in the object after the 4th layer maybe (it was usually not until much later in the print) also pictures below. I have tried the clean out the extruder with oil monitoring temps but i can't get anything to print. I have made a request long ago for a new mechanical end switch but that email was forgotten and I have never received the replacement part so I have been putting my finger there to stop the horrible sound it makes when it first starts. Also I have not been successful in getting an object to print taller than 3.75" I have used different slicers in mattercontrol and i can't figure out what to do. I am about to blow this thing up with a shotgun because I am completely tired of spending all my time on this with no positive results. also here's a picture of what I pull out of the machine with pliers ever time I start it up again 20140922_060849.jpg 20141009_183110.jpg 20141009_183131.jpg 20141009_184506.jpg

#1 Phistina, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
  2. Phistina

Phistina New Member

Filament type: ABS
    Extruding Temp: 225
    Bed Temp: 80
    Bed makeup: glass with glue stick

Robo 3D R1 with the new metal extrusion head

#2 Phistina, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
  3. Phistina

Phistina New Member

more info, the bed would heat to 85º supposed to be at 80º and the print would stop I would try to be there to monitor the temp and set the fan override as fast as i could but that did not always work. matter control crashes randomly and messes up a print. I clean the print bed and reapply the glue stick before every print and between mess-ups. Is there a better program than mater control and repiter? open source preferably but if there is one that is a paid program that would magically fix the problem then I would consider it. Also I have tried lubing the filament with cooking oil just incase moisture was in the filament.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.