1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Stop Button on 12864 Smart Controller Locks Up Display

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kenbob, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenbob

Kenbob New Member

I installed a 12864 Full Graphic LCD Smart Controller a couple days ago and everything is working great, except for the stop button. It will stop the print job, but not sure what else is going on. It locks up the display when I press it and does not respond anymore. If I connect using Matter Control it will reset it (shows the start up screen/logo) or by turning the power off and on again. I have searched everywhere and I can't seem to figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated.

This is what I purchased...

[Sintron] LCD 12864 Graphic Smart Display Controller for RepRap RAMPS 1.4 3D Printer Mendel Prusa Arduino Mega Pololu Shield Arduino RepRap

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

This is normal behavior for the stop button on the LCD Controllers (Smart and Full Graphics). The button is meant to be an emergency stop so everything freezes instantly. The firmware has to be reset before it will function again.

2 people like this.
  3. Kenbob

Kenbob New Member

Thanks Ziggy for clearing that up.

4. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

I have my smart controller on the way. Just wondering, the emergency stop button turns off all heaters before it halts doesn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.