1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Stopped Up

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bob Hill, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Hill

Bob Hill New Member

Does anyone know a way to get the extruder unplugged? I set up my new machine and it was in the process of printing out the test block when it stopped feeding. Backed the filament out and tried to get it re-primed but know matter what I do it want take the filament. It tries to feed out the side or it want do anything. Tried for over an hour with no luck. I'm not new to this process I have quite a bit of experience printing with other printers but I have never been unable to get one unplugged. I have not taken the extruder apart as it is a brand new machine and I didn't want to violate any warranties or anything. I emailed tech support 3 days ago but I haven't received a response.

2. Red Submarine

Red Submarine Active Member

Heat it up and stick a paper clip in there. You'll have to stick it in and clean it a few times to get it all out.

3. Rick Collins

Rick Collins Member

I'm with red but would suggest heating the hot end right up first. With a stock end I don't think you can get over 230 but if you are using default firmware it will shut down if it gets too hot anyways.

Basically make the hot end as hot as you can to encourage the blockage out, cut the filament with a steep angle and clean edge, try pushing it through after a good 10 mins at high heat.

If that doesn't clear the blockage then try the paper clip.

Always handy to have some guitar wire on hand for cleaning. Use a high "e" with no coating... Clean steel.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Bob Hill

Bob Hill New Member

Thanks. I'll try that when I get off work. I'm sure my son will never miss the E string.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.