1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Stops extruding after 1st layer.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by collin_e, Sep 12, 2015.

1. collin_e

collin_e New Member

I bought my robo about a month or 2 ago and have had problems since day one, most of them being human error. :cool: The problem I'm having now thought has me confused. It has the same symptoms of the hot end not being season and without an oiler, so I build an oiler (obviously I can't print one) and season it like the sticky said. Tried that, didn't work. Does the same thing. So I pulled he hot end off, maybe it was jammed. Nope. So on to the feeder, the teeth on the bolt was covered in the plastic (Chews a half moon, but doesnt feed it) so I cleaned it! Guess what? Not the problem. I've tried everything I can think of but it doesn't work. Also I've played with the tension in every spot and it still doesn't work.

2. mudpuppyto

mudpuppyto New Member

Don't feel bad, I'm having the same problem now that I upgraded to the e3d v6 hotend. I can print abs but cant get anything to print with pla. The teeth on my feeder are making lines in the pla and it then gets stuck in the boden tube. then the feeder just chews out the half moon and im done. I have been trying to print pro novices sugested feeder setup with the spring clip and cant seem to make it through a full print for any of the parts. I finally got the parts printed out and it helped solve the problem. the quick filiment change but you need a grinder or dremel tool to grind the screw heads down to fit the retainerv3. the larger screw head version does not work.

Attached Files:

3. mudpuppyto

mudpuppyto New Member

the problem was the tension from the original spring setup that came on the printer is not putting enough tension on the filament and it is slipping and cutting the moon shaped groove. if you can get your tension even and tight enough to get a good print I would suggest making the quick change setup and using it to replace the original tension-er. My printer is working like a charm now with all the other mods from novice expert's YouTube videos. Hope this helps you out.......john

4. collin_e

collin_e New Member

Is there a link to assemble that new part? I'll see if I can get it to print with abs, that what I was printing with when it first started. Ill watch his videos as well! Thanks!