1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Thank You tesseract! Also one problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ballhogjoni, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ballhogjoni

ballhogjoni Member

Just wanted to give a shoutout to tesseract. He's helped me tremendously! Follow his advice.

Printed his bed levelers today but I ran into one problem. At the end of the print the extruder decided to go down about 10mm into the print :(

I don't know if this is part of the g-code for the print or if its from my end g-code? Anyone else run into this issue? Also is there some documentation on the g-code syntax? I'd like to learn to program in it.

2 people like this.
  2. Michael DiFilippo

Michael DiFilippo Active Member

What does your end g-code look like? And a big thumbs up for Tesseract he is the man when it comes to Robo troubleshooting.

3. ballhogjoni

ballhogjoni Member

;M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
    G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle
    G28 X0 ; home X axis

M84 ; disable motors

4. ballhogjoni

ballhogjoni Member

Success ... again tesseract came to the rescue. it was my second line of end g-code which was G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle

This was causing the nozzle to drop down 5mm into the print. I should have noticed that but i'm new to g-code.

5. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

So what did you do, delete the code line or changed it to a higher value? How did that line get in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ballhogjoni

ballhogjoni Member

Yes i just deleted the line. I put it in there during the whole setup debacle. I was just messing with the settings everywhere trying to get it to print right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.