1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

the Z axis can suck it..

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by xdbx, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdbx

xdbx New Member

I can't get my printer to stay calibrated. I followed the getting started guide and used a business card as a reference but after a few prints it was completely out of whack again... I expected a little bit of tweaking to be involved in this, but calibrating this every print attempt is seriously sucking the fun out of my 3D printing experience. Any tips?

I have the non ABS version .. so heat bed should not be an issue.

2. polylac

polylac New Member

And you're sure that your z-axis stop doesn't move ?

3. JJHawg

JJHawg New Member

The instructions say to adjust the Z-axis lead screws to the paper thickness spacing then adjust the Z-limit switch screw to trip the switch...

I do a rough alignment this way, then with the print head at X=200 (the side with the stop screw) I run the Z-axis up a little, then home it over and over, adjusting the stop screw until it homes correctly. Once that side is done, I move the head to X=Home and use the lead screw on that side to get the spacing I want.

Of course, everything needs to be tight first...

Some people talk about tweaking the lead screws after the Z-axis has homed and the print started, but I don't want to do that.

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

there is a more detailed procedure I can help you you with but it will take a bit of time PM me when you can work on it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.