1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Time

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Connor, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connor

Connor New Member

Can the printer be left alone while printing, and does the printer give an estimated time of completition when printing a part?

2. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

can be left alone yes,
    should you; maybe not. A lot could go wrong.

I don't leave my printer unattended while printing for long periods.
    yes it does give you a completion time.

3. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think the printer actually does but the slicing software used to slice the item up for printing does I believe small also can calculate how much material will be consumed as well. I could be wrong but I didn't see anything on the robo itself that did this just in case you were asking this.

The normal process would be to get/create a 3d drawing
    Convert it to a .STL file
    Load the .STL into a slicer programer in the slicer you should be able to set the layout of the parts on the build platform such as multiple items being printed at the same time. It combines them into a single print scheme slices that scheme into layers and creates the Gcode, which is a simple coding language to interpret motion in 3 axis and the power on/off of certain items like fan, heaters, extruders. It should/may also give you information like time quantity used maybe volume etc depends on the software some even track amount of filament available.
    The printer itself simply recieves this Gcode information and the printing begins
    When finished your part may need to be cleaned up(support structures removed etc.)
    then you have an object based on your 3d drawing

4. Hispapanels

Hispapanels New Member

Hi.

Is there any way to know (approximately) the time that the print will take? Repetier only gives filament length. Any other software perhaps?

Thank you.

Manolo.

5. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

Repetier gives time. Whenever it shows filament length it also shows time. Its to the right under the g code i think

6. Hispapanels

Hispapanels New Member

Got it. I was going to edit my message now.

Thank you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.