1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Touching off my machine

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Suberman, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suberman

Suberman Member

How do I know if my z axis is too close to the table? Is it possible for me to run extruder head through the table? Can I scratch the table with the extruder? Can you change filament in mid print? Can you pause the print, raise the z axis, and the print resumes where it left off? Is there a way to start my print job in the g code settings so that I can redo certain layers if my filament stops?

2. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

How do I know if my z axis is too close to the table?
    Auto level should get you there. If you have a z offset. 1mm or there abouts based on experience with print. To set a z offset perfectly... Using repetier. Home the z axis then raise .01 till you're off the glass then go back down a couple hundredths. Z offset is read in z position window.

Is it possible for me to run extruder head through the table? Can I scratch the table with the extruder?
    It is held in place by gravity... So no. Not likely. Its brass vs glass.

Can you change filament in mid print?
    Yes, as explained in the video it came with. Stop, change filament , go.
    Can you pause the print, raise the z axis, and the print resumes where it left off?
    If you lower the z axis again, but thats software dependent.
    Is there a way to start my print job in the g code settings so that I can redo certain layers if my filament stops?
    Technically its not without the realms of possibility, but... No.

Read forums/faqs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.