1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

trying to print with very little suport material...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Omegagundam, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omegagundam

Omegagundam Member

Helo all
    I am trying to print this megaman character for a co-worker
    but i cant figure out how to print support material under his arms in red area and none on rest of his body.
    Is there any way i can do that? Its a very big pain to get the support material off if it goes on all over the print
    most time its melted on to the part to where it almost impossible to take off.
    any suggestions?

megaman.jpg

2. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

Simplify 3D lets you place support where you want it. Or, just lay you print down on its back, probably with a raft, that should pull away easily when the print is finished.

5 people like this.
  3. bamhm182

bamhm182 Active Member

I second 1d1's suggestion of Simplify 3D. It's a bit pricey at $140, but is 100% worth it with the amount of features it brings to the table and how well it executes those features. If you plan on printing more complex things like this, I'd almost say it's required software.

4. Paul Yeh

Paul Yeh Active Member

You can also try CraftWare from CraftUnique first. You can generate the support where you want it. The software is free but is still in beta so there will be bugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.