1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved uneven Z axis height?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SteveDjarrell, Apr 14, 2015.

1. SteveDjarrell

SteveDjarrell Active Member

Ok, I have had my Robo R1 for about 3 months now, made a lot of adjustments and have gotten it printing pretty good. Yesterday I set it loose on a 17hr print job. That ran fine, 3 large parts covering most of the print bed. Here is where it gets weird. Now when I attempt to print, Cura, when the auto level runs the center and the right hand side work as expected. However all three point on the left hand side, opposite of the sd slot, the z axis raises up about 10 mm then goes down 3 and acts like it is touching the bed but it is in the air, it will then begin printing in the air as the Z offset on the left shows 14mm and the rest are -.56mm - .6.mm I have no idea what has happened. I have tried 3 different versions of cura on my pc and they all do the same thing now. I did run matter control and it appeared to print at a level point but cura will not. Anyone seen this behavior before?

-Steve

2. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

3. SteveDjarrell

SteveDjarrell Active Member

Thank you for pointing to that sticky. I will try that second option later today. Very weird that it just started and only happens on one far side. In the middle it touches the glass fine, just on the left. Either way, thank you for the response.

4. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

Also you can do the paper leveling techniques to get it back level. I do the paper technique after every few prints just to make sure I am nice and level. Just takes 30 seconds or so once you get use to doing it.