1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Virgin -- trying not to be...

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Robert Riopel, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Robert Riopel

Robert Riopel New Member

Western MA -- Rec'd 1st 3D printer (R1 +Plus) a few days ago. Can't connect -- waiting for 2nd level support to help solve what front-line support couldn't fix. Meantime, need to learn file organization, CAD and G-Code. Watched a great YouTube video by "Novice Expert" (Marquis Johnson): .../watch?v=ME8qEQPqD9k

It was Inspiring, encouraging and downright helpful! All videos are about R1 and NOT R1 +Plus, so it's difficult to understand what's relevant, as even function, spacing and dimensions my have changed. I'm certainly in no position to make any kind of judgement.

I'm hopeful that the connectivity issue doesn't turn into "buyer's remorse."

#1 Robert Riopel, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  2. Doncrush

Doncrush New Member

I was in your shoes 6 months ago! Good luck with the process...some of the best videos on Robo upgrades can be found at and @Barnacules is entertaining!

3. Robert Riopel

Robert Riopel New Member

Yes, he is entertaining. Unfortunately, @Barnacules became unhappy with the direction of Robo3D and no longer uses one. Fortunately, Marquis Johnson ("Novice Expert" on YouTube) continues to produce even more videos and is an active member of these forums -- and he's just as entertaining!

4. ChaosCoreTech

ChaosCoreTech New Member

Did you ever get your connectivity issue figured out? Are you using a slicer of some sort? (eg. Matter Control or Cura) Something to think about is getting an external driver for your printer. I got an LCD screen that I just plug an SD card into and it prints so I don't have to keep my computer tethered. That would eliminate the connectivity issues as well. Good luck!

Robert Riopel likes this.
  5. Robert Riopel

Robert Riopel New Member

YES -- faulty printer cable. Need to hook up LCD. Have MC and Cura but haven't printed anything, yet. :)

6. ChaosCoreTech

ChaosCoreTech New Member

That stinks. I'm glad you figured it out though. I can't wait to see your first print!