1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

What is this and how do I make it go away?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by delorean88, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delorean88

delorean88 New Member

What is this and how do I make it go away? Or make it easier to take off. It looks like icing, but it is a bitch to take off. Is it a support or part of the raft? I like having a part of the print that I can peel off to have a clean base, but this is a pain. I'm not up to speed on the terminology of all the settings, I'm embarrassed to say I just figured out what raft meant. What is the name of this "icing" in slicer so I can kill it. Any help would be appreciated.

I know the image is upside down (tried flipping it) and I am referring to the zigzag layer closest to the extruder.

Thanks,

T-X

Attached Files:

2. cosber

cosber Active Member

I'm new at this so I may be wrong but it looks like the infill, though based on the thinness of it, I'm guessing the percentage of fill is pretty low.

3. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

it is anitgravity at work and yes it is infill rectilinear pattern about 10-20% fill ratio turn off infill to remove it or increase it to 1 for full fill

4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

that looks like support material on a raft to me. Was your part sitting flat on the build plate in the slicer program or does it have a very irregular bottom shape where only a tiny little bit is touching the bottom?

5. Matthias

Matthias Member

Looks like your printer is mounted on the ceiling :)

SCNR

6. delorean88

delorean88 New Member

Ha...ha...ha...

;P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.