1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Wow! what a difference "SEASONING" makes!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by wthierry, Feb 1, 2015.

1. wthierry

wthierry Active Member

Ive done several prints, I notice more consistent printing, better bed adhesion, its a huge plus all around! What a difference this made. thanks for all the tips!!!

5 people like this.
  2. mikejsmith1985

mikejsmith1985 New Member

I know this is an old thread but didn't feel it was necessary to start a new one. I've been experiencing this problem with ABS last night and this morning. I printed 4 of the best ABS prints I've ever had yesterday and setup a long print last night that failed half way through... then same thing with the next 3 attempts this morning. So I disassembled the entire hot end to make sure it wasn't gummed up anywhere, when that didn't work I found this thread. I've now seasoned the hot end and started my print again. I'll edit this post with results in case anyone is experiencing this with other filaments and on the fence as to if it will help...

Looked real good for about 90 mins or so and it stopped extruding again.
    I am using Inland ABS (Microcenter brand) So its possible that the filament is the problem...

#22 mikejsmith1985, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015