1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

X axis not working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by joecho, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joecho

joecho New Member

I got my printer today and it moves around nicely, later I try manual control and it shows the Z axis moving, but it is really not. Any suggestions?

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

if you see nuts on the threaded rods below the extruder assembly then you have done what they call throwing your nuts and it simply means the bed made contact with the bed and the rods continued to spin and the nuts lowered. YOu need to manually lift the extruder assembly along with the x axis up about 2 inches and manually turn the nuts so they go up about an inche higher than they are right now lower the assembly back down and make sure the nuts disappear inside the x axis chassis on both side you may have to wiggle the rods around to get it to drop into place then go through the whole leveling process again with the business card.

3. joecho

joecho New Member

my bad I meant to put that the x axis is not moving.

4. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

I just want to be sure I understand here... you are able to manually control the Y and Z axis just not X? Have you checked the electrical connection to make sure the wire didn't slip off in shipping?

5. joecho

joecho New Member

Thanks matt, but tesseract helped me and it turns out that the pololu board for the x axis is bad. Thanks though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.