1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

You know, I never did introduce myself...

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Melody Bliss, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

Doesn't seem to be many doing it but I guess I could. ;)

So my name is Melody Bliss. Very musical. Blame my husband. ;)

I've worked in the computer industry for over 25 years and I started coding probably about 30+ years ago (I kind of lose track). I'm very much a geek. One of the best presents from my husband was a book on SPARC assembly. :)

I'm also an extra class amateur radio operator (KF6RMW) and muck about with electronics, robots and other nifty things. I was a member of an international group that attempted the DARPA Robotics Challenge though alas we didn't make the cut.

I'm also (unfortunately) disabled. Back in 2008 I nearly lost my life when my kidneys finally failed. Luckily I made it through though I'm now on hemodialysis three days a week. It sucks but not much I can really do. I kind of like sticking around and seeing what's new. :) I'm currently on the transplant list and a match will eventually crop up. But the dialysis, which depletes proteins in your body, has done a number on my strength. I now use a walker and sometimes a wheelchair.

I'm also still working. I do systems engineering for a small fruit company that doesn't sell much fruit. You can probably guess who they are. ;) Unfortunately, due to the dialysis, I'm only working three days a week which effectively translated to a 40% paycut, but keeping busy keeps me sane.

3 people like this.
  2. Melody Bliss

Melody Bliss New Member

err oops. I put this in the wrong place. I need more coffee.