1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

YOUR FIRST PRINT

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tesseract, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

All users of the ROBO should probably start off with PLA to get their system properly setup. Once that is done moving to ABS will be smoother. There are quite a few additional thing you need to consider when dealing with ABS that will simply confuse the issue when setting it up.

Please start with PLA at about 190 for the first layer and then 185 on others no heat on the bed if you have the ABS version.

Get that working reliably first then move to ABS

3 people like this.
  2. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

oh. I thaught the default was 200 then move to 190. thanks for telling me before I ruin the nossle :)

3. ledelman

ledelman New Member

Keep in mind there is no hard and fast extruder setting for materials. Different manufacturers and even different colors within the same manufacturer will have different ideal extruder temperatures. The 190 to 185 is just a safe initial guess. Some PLA prints up to 210 or 220 and it wont ruin your extruder. Ultimately, you will have to experiment with a new filament to dial things in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.