1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Z axis homing issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Hazrd, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Hazrd

Hazrd Member

Before the print I have the extruder close to the print bed, but when the printer actually begins printing the z axis zooms about half way up the printer and begins trying to print.

I attempted to set up auto leveling but both times when I finished it said "Click done" or similar but clicking "done" did nothing and the program was pretty much frozen.

How do I properly setup the Z axis? I appear to be missing something.

Thanks,
    Josh

2. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

Do not use the autolevel feature within MatterControl it is redundent with the autolevel function in the firmware of the Robo itself.

Under your starting G-Code make sure you have a line that starts with "G29..." in there somewhere.

It also sounds like one or both of your z-axis limit switches might not be making good contact. They may need to be slid up the couple nut that the x axis rides on a small amount.

3. Hazrd

Hazrd Member

They werent, after I fixed that I disabled the software leveling and it started printing better. It was still too far from the print head so I abandoned it but it worked.

However, now the z axis won't change directions, it either tries to go through the bed or through the roof of the printer.

4. Hazrd

Hazrd Member

Fixed it, not sure how. Printing spool holder now and it seems to be 100% now.

Thanks!