1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Z ribbing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Wikid, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Wikid

Wikid Member

Mmm that dual z rod looks nice. You know it's funny upgrading these machines you have to make sure all your parts are done and right before you take it apart.

I see what your saying Mike, I'll give that a go once I get back from class. Hopefully that fixes it then I can move onto the other issues to solve.

Wikid

2. Wikid

Wikid Member

So I was still having some issue with the Z ribbing but after making some adjustments to the top threaded rod mounts I have no more Z movement. I also took the helical couplers and filled the slots with silicone to add some rigidity without removing the flexibility, that was a major improvement. Also holding the helical coupler against the nut when I tightened it so it was as square as possible helped also.

Wikid

3. donhuevo

donhuevo Active Member

Criticisms and complaints department. How may I help you? Wikid, I've attached my cad drawings. Best of luck.

Attached Files:

4. Wikid

Wikid Member

AWESOME, imported beautifully into Solidworks! I will criticize and complain when I decide to do the upgrade haha Thanks Donhuevo

Wikid

5. jototojo

jototojo New Member

Wikid, could you link the files for the upgrades you did?