1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Y & Z endstops not registering

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John Weichert, Aug 2, 2018.

1. John Weichert

John Weichert New Member

x endstop will show triggered with m119 but y & z endstop never show triggered. both switches are good as i can plug y endstop into x on ramps board and it shows triggered. I have tried everthing i know to do but no results. I have changed the ramps board and the mega 2560 but still have the same condition. I am using marlin 1.1.x and arduino 1.8.5. any help will be greatly appreciated
    John.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Regardless of switch position it is unchanged?
    Maybe firmware... about only thing left. Try reverting to stock and see if it changes the behavior of the switches.

3. John Weichert

John Weichert New Member

Mark thanks for the reply.
    I have tried compiling with several different configuration files with the same results.
    i have downloaded a new version of arduino and complied with the same results.
    I just do not know what else to do???

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Have you downloaded the stock version and recompiled and uploaded that?

For the R1/R1+ marlin 1.1.x is not stock, 1.0.x is

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

We need to rule out any issue with the firmware because things like endstop inverting can cause odd behavior if not correctly set.
    The various versions (beta/R1/R1+) have changed the status of the endtop behaviors over the models.

So if the endstop is inverted and you need it not inverted (or vice-versa) you will have issues.
    However I was also asking if the switch ever changes state? Regardless of the position of the switch does it always read the same or do they changed from to/from triggered if you manually open/close the switches?

Geof likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If the switch never changes status with the switch being manually thrown open/closed then you have an electrical or electronic issue (bad wires, bad switch, bad ramps, bad arduino) even though you may have swapped a board it is not unheard of to get new (bad) boards. They are (after all) so cheap... If you got the (non-cheap) replacements from Robo then they are less likely to be bad and more likely to have been tested, but I wouldn't rule it out

Geof likes this.
  8. John Weichert

John Weichert New Member

9. John Weichert

John Weichert New Member

Mark
    here's the deal compiled marlin 1.0.x with arduino 1.8.5 same results if marlin is configured for corexy machine
    I am using one endstop switch and moving it to all positions on the ramps board..
    If i coment out corexy and compile ,with m119 iget xmin xmax ymin ymaxzmin zmaz and they all will respond to
    my switxh moving from one location to another.??? my machine is a corexy machine

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Ah, OK I assumed it was a Robo :)

I'll have to do some research on the CoreXY style.

11. John Weichert

John Weichert New Member

Mark
    not sure what i did but found a cobo that works. Thanks for all your help.
    John

mark tomlinson likes this.
  12. John Weichert

John Weichert New Member

Mark
    One thing i did find the endstop switch connectors are different than they were before. Before
    x_endstop plugged into first connector closest to power plug , Y connector next , then skip on row for z connector.
    Now x still goes on first set of pins but Y goes on third set and z goes fifth set. Now everthing works just fine.
    Thanks again for all your help
    John

mark tomlinson likes this.