1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved New Robo3d R1

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KTMDirtFace, May 20, 2015.

1. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Just got my R1 today, only had time to pull it out of the box and set it on the desk, as i was sliding the build platform back and forth by hand to check clearance with the wall. I noticed a belt that was coming out the front and getting caught up on stuff. I pulled up the glass and the belt underneath the platform is just flopping around in there not even sure what its supposed to be attached to. goes around one pully in the middle that i saw but seemed to just be flopping around super loose? Anyone have a picture of how its supposed to look under there.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

#2 mark tomlinson, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

4. KTMDirtFace

Thanks i'm at work now and literally had like 2 minutes to look at it when I was at home..i'll check it out tonight. That picture will help thanks.

5. KTMDirtFace

Unfortunately it came broken the little piece that holds the belt in one side was broken in half out of the box.

Anyone have a STL file for it? I can print one on my replicator 2 while I wait for Robo to send a new part ( if i even bother )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Found one http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:396823

#5 KTMDirtFace, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  6. crazas

crazas Member

I had just the same problem, got mine like a week ago. Since I had no way to print the part I just glued both parts together and it is now working great

7. KTMDirtFace

Man does anyone test these things before boxing them up?

So my X Axis switch cannot be triggered the bolt it too short. If I home the axis it slams into its end point on x making a bunch of racket. Gonna go dig through my RC stuff to try to find a longer bolt...or go print a nub/stopper to thread onto the end using my other printer.

[​IMG]

I did manage to print a replacement belt holder on my Replicator2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Robots in Disguise

Just got my R1 today, only had time to pull it out of the box and set it on the desk, as i was sliding the build platform back and forth by hand to check clearance with the wall. I noticed a belt that was coming out the front and getting caught up on stuff. I pulled up the glass and the belt underneath the platform is just flopping around in there not even sure what its supposed to be attached to. goes around one pully in the middle that i saw but seemed to just be flopping around super loose? Anyone have a picture of how its supposed to look under there.

I had the exact same problem the clip was broken upon arrival... simply wrong material to use . Too brittle for tightening a screw to

9. KTMDirtFace

OK solved the X-Axis stop problem by printing a tiny 5x5x5mm cube with a 3mm diameter hole in it on my Replicator 2. threaded it on as a stopper. X-Axis stop works now. Whats next lol :)

[​IMG]

10. KTMDirtFace

Printed a 20x20x20 cube used the default software and settings just to see if anything would print. I'll be hooking LCD and simplify3d up now. came out real good except the first layer is too high, and the z height is off almost 2mm short. I know how to fix those from reading the forum here so will go do that now. But i'm kinda amazed does any quality control exist on robo? it appears not.

oh yea my Y axis stop switch is not hittable either..I will have to mod that too.

11. KTMDirtFace

First print.. not bad too high off the bed on first layer. and its 1.5-2mm short on the Z.. so what I have to install arduino and flash the firmware to fix the fact that Z is short? ...... So Far not impressed.

[​IMG]

12. KTMDirtFace

Downloaded Adruino, flashed it to the 8mm deal. re-printed the 20x20x20 cube.

Now it works came out pretty good other than the base and top..which I will deal with later .. I was just trying to print with the stock software. I use simplify3d but i wanted to test it stock first.

[​IMG]

13. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

At one point my ribbon cable hung a little too low and would get caught on something and prevent the bed from reaching the limit switch.

You can also send M119 through the terminal to report back the endstop status.

14. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

Also looks like the first layer could be a tad bit lower. On your skirt there is a small gap in between the lines. You want them just touching and not leaving a gap.

15. KTMDirtFace

Oh yea its for sure too high.. I didn't adjust that yet. surprised it even stuck like that to be honest.

16. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

No your offset doesn't look bad. Just a little lower and it will be perfect. Keep testing until you get those lines to just touch each other.

17. KTMDirtFace

Yea will do that tonight.

I can tell that this machine needs a nozzle cooling duct for PLA. when it tries to bridge the gaps of the infill on the top of the cube its pretty gooey still. My replicator 2 would print even 1 layer perfectly..so a duct is on my list of things to print :) .