1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Simplify3D auto levelling problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Huski, Apr 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huski

Huski New Member

Hi All, apologies if there is already a thread dealing with this .... I can't find a solution and need some assistance please. (Robo R1 Plus)
    I have recently bought Simplify3D in an attempt to improve support structures on my prints ... previously been using Matter Control.
    After homing, the extruder probes the bed in roughly the center of the build area and then moves to the right beyond the limits of the bed with all the associated belt slipping and grinding. It then moves to the rear of the bed also beyond the limits ( at this point I cut the power ).
    I have tried changing the physical size of the Build Volume but to no avail. I have added the M565 command to the startup gcode as suggested in a previous thread, but the nozzle seems to probe the bed correctly from a Z point of view.
    With MC it used to start the probing in the front left corner, moving left to right and then rear wards with no problem.
    Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Simple, the Robo profile in S3D has the wrong size bed configured.

Robo advertises 254 x 229 x 203 mm build volume
    S3D used to set their to 254 x 254 x 230 IIRC since that is what Robo told them based on previous specifications
    The actual size is closer to 220 x 230 x 220 mm

Once you change the machine settings in S3D it should behave better. Don't forget to reslice all your models with the new settings.

Geof likes this.
  3. Huski

Huski New Member

Thanks, I will give that a try !

4. Huski

Huski New Member

#WheresWaldo, it doesn't seem to make a difference .... I have tried to reduce the Build Volume to ridiculous levels
    100 x 100 x 200 , also no luck.
    I think it is starting the probing in the 'wrong' place' as after the first probe in the center it will move right for a second probe ( this is very close to the limits on that side of the bed), it then tries to move further right when I run into problems.

5. Huski

Huski New Member

Thanks #WheresWaldo.... problem solved !
    The S3D start gcode had a G28 command without any parameters.... I added X0 Y0 Z0 which was in the MC start gcode.
    All good ... thanks again for the help.

6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Hmm, I am glad that works for you but it should not have made one lick of difference. G28 all by itself will home X, Y then Z in the order specified in firmware. G28 X0 Y0 Z0 does exactly the same thing.

7. Huski

Huski New Member

I did try to remove the parameters again to check and the problem returns .... doesn't make sense I know. I am just happy it is now working !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.