1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Another R1 Plus RAMPS Malfunction?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by William R Hardin, Apr 14, 2017.

1. William R Hardin

William R Hardin New Member

I have this same problem. Did the problem get solved? I changed the Driver for the extruder but that didn't solve the problem. I also had a 2-pin connector with twisted red and black wires come loose on the Ramps shield board and I have no idea where it plugs in. The wire that came off goes through a hole in the middle of the bottom and comes out under the build platform. So I have 2 problems that has me stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

I also ordered a ramps v1.4 shield that looks exactly like the one in the robo.com store but it's different than the one in my printer so I have no idea where the connectors and wires would terminate on the new shield I bought and of course the store is sold out and has no info for a wiring diagram that I can find.

Robo3d R1+

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There is a project thread explaining how to switch an an R1+ specific/custom RAMPS board for a standard RAMPS 1.4. We can move all of this to a new thread. Not resurrect old ones :)

3. William R Hardin

William R Hardin New Member

I tried to create a new post but I had trouble loading the pictures I took and before I could post I lost connection to the server and lost everything I wrote. I did look for a post to get the wiring info but couldn't find anything. I'll look again.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

#4 mark tomlinson, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    Geof likes this.