1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Filament stuck before hotend

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Gripp, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Gripp

Gripp Member

there is a piece of filament stuck in the tube between the hot end and the extruder. I've had jams that I've been able to pull out, but this one is inside the tube. I can't reach with with tweezers or pliers. I also don't seem to have anything strong enough to push it into the hot end or out the top. Any help would be great.
    Thanks

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You are going to need to disassemble it.
    Here is an assembly video for the hexagon, disassembly is the reverse.

On the R1+ start by removing the quick-disconnect bar/plate and drop the extruder on the bed.

3. Gripp

Gripp Member

Thanks, that was helpful and I was able to clear the jam, but my nozzle just broke when I was tightening it up. Had a heated hot end to make sure I could give it that extra turn and it broke clean off. I didn't even put must pressure on it, just that extra bit to make sure it was tight and... Snap.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Damn. Well, then it is time for a new hotend. If you can get the base of the nozzle out of the heater block (easy-out maybe?) you can just replace the nozzle, otherwise a new hotend because you can't source just parts for the hexagon (other than nozzles)

5. Gripp

Gripp Member

I'll try to unscrew the threads but more than likely I won't have the means to do it. Can I buy a hot end from robo or is there another site? I'm good with another he hot end.

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

7. Gripp

Gripp Member

I bought an E3 v6. It was only a couple bucks more and I've heard good things. I'll look into printing the required parts for it tomorrow. Been an overall shitty day so I think it time to watch the pens game and go to bed. Thanks for the help.

Geof likes this.
  8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Did you buy from a authentic reseller ? The clones are problematic.

9. Gripp

Gripp Member

From what I can tell, yes. An Amazon retailer. According to their review and question answers.

10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

good deal! Keep us posted and let us know if you have any questions. I think most of us have moved to an E3D at one point or another. @WheresWaldo has a great write up on how to do the changes :D