1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved replacing fan

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by eric tobin, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

I have a robo r1+. finally figured out the fan issue I have been having is because the fan is going out. what would be best to replace it with? I also think this could be part of the problem I have been having with heat creap yes or no

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Which fan?
    There are several.
    Pictures are best...

3. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

trouble uploading a pic, the fan is on the left side. thinking about replacing with a fan off of a da vinci pro printer I have. I have pics of both, will continue to try to upload them

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

There are several, all different :)
    There is an extruder fan there is a parts cooling fan there is a fan that cools the RAMPS board and there is a fan on the power supply. All a bit different so you really need to be more specific.

5. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

I get it, unfortunately the pics wont load up, keeps saying file too big for server, they are way small. anyway I will keep trying to upload. thanks for the help, I really do appreciate all the help I get here.

6. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

the fan is the one that is advertised on the parts list at robo website under parts

7. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

it would be the fan that blows on the hotend. wanting to know if there is an after market fan for this spot

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That is the fan attached to the hotend (see my comments) that is all you had to tell me :)

If you want a fan that will fit the size: https://www.amazon.com/Honbay-x25mm-x10mm-Brushless-Cooling/dp/B06Y2X95D8

If you want an exact replacement with the same connectors you need to go through Robo for the spares. The generic one is $8 for 3, the Robo one is $5 a pop -- if they have them in stock.

The one on Amazon is the correct size (HxWxD) but may not have the same connector. You can reuse your existing one by splicing it on the new fan.

9. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

On Thingiverse I designed a replacement shroud that increase the fan size to 3 cm square. There simply aren't any real quality fans at 2.5 cm and even if there were they simply don't blow enough air through the fins of the hotend.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:871343

mark tomlinson likes this.
  10. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

thank you guys very much, sorry I could not get pics loaded, but the fans you suggested are the ones I am looking for. putting a bigger fan on after I get this one fixed. thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.