1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Can I disable auto leveling in Mattercontrol?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John in MS, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

This is a continuation of my leveling problems for last week. I read navy forums here and watched videos.

I begin by paper leveling. After everything is the right hieght at each point. I then start the print. And the carriage goes up when I do a G28. To prevent this I the only way the carriage will go down is to lower the left side. Then it will properly cycle through both the G28 and G29, but does press deep on the left side almost like it could shatter the glass. Then the print begins and as the carriage travels left on the X to start the print IT DIGS INTO THE BED AND WILL KNOCK THE CLIP OUT ON THE LEFT SIDE Z AXIS. This the only way I van get it work if I don't want to go to the ceiling on the G29.

So is there way I skip all this and start from a paper level?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Remove the G29 from the startup GCode.

I don't use mattercontrol and so can't be more specific than that.

3. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

Nobody here runs the extruder it operating system that come with the machine. Understandable considering how bad they are but that is where I am

Could it be a switch related? I can't have the left side firmly against the rail. It must hang lower or the machine will not lower only go up when the printing process begin. The result of that low setting is the left side bed drag.

I have emailed Robo help. It takes two week to get someone available who can truly help you

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Usually the "only goes up" is because one of the autoleveling switches is out of place. What this video:

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yea...sounds like could be a switch issue. Mattercontrol is "easy" to use I think is why they went with it. Its not good...its hot garbage lol. Lots of better options around. The switches MUST be touching the crossbeam (x axis) otherwise it wont work. If that switch only works disconnected I'd take a peek at how its wired. may be backwards :D

6. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

Well it was backwards. I had pulled the wires out on the left side Z when I raised it up. I had put them back the same way as the right side. Switched and worked fine. No drag on the left side

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.