1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved M999 error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Johndrindak, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johndrindak

Johndrindak New Member

I have seen people post this but the printer still heats up and it displays that on the software as well

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

M999 is not an error. That is a restart command you issue after an error (or E stop)

http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code

If you get an error the firmware will prompt you to issue a M999 to continue, but that is not the error. You need to read the output log to find the actual error.

Mike Kelly likes this.
  3. J_Man

J_Man Member

I want to revive this post to add to it. I resent started getting the M999 running print from Matter Control. I couldn't actually continue. It was just not allowing it and was having trouble monitoring the heat. What I ended up finding was a spider had got on the extruder and webbed up all around the fans and other areas. It was bogging the fans down and causing the machine to mired the temperature. I used a small hose vacuum and cleaned up, then used an air compressor to blow it out. It was back working fine again after that. So I would say another solution would be check for dust or any other foreign materials getting in the fans and surrounding areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.