1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

MINTEMP Triggered

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Staube3, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Staube3

Staube3 New Member

I have been troubleshooting issues that have seemed to lead me down the endless rabbit hole lately with Max and Min temp errors on my Robo 3d R1+. I have searched through the forum along with other sites to determine the best route to fix these issues.

I began by disconnecting my hotend and cleaned everything as much as possible but noticed I had a short on the thermostat causing a Max Temp Error. I purchased a new hotend and wiring harness thinking all my problems would vanish... Now I am receiving MINTEMP alarms. I verified that all of the wiring is good back to the RAMPS Board. When the Ramps board is powered on I am receiving 5V DC on the pins for the thermostat (Not sure if that's good or bad).

Any suggestions of the next steps I should take would be greatly appreciated. I highly doubt that the thermostat that I just received is bad. Do I need to replace the RAMPS Board next? If so, does anyone know the best route to go. Eat the $100 through Robo 3D or purchase a RAMP 1.4 Controller for and swap out the components?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is possible the thermistor is still bad, but more likely a bad connection or a RAMPS board failure.
    As to buying one from Robo? Your call. There is a thread that shows you how to do the minimal rewire needed to convert to a standard RAMPS. Review it and see if you want to do that or not.

http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...and-rewiring-to-make-generic-ramps-work.8356/

Geof likes this.
  3. Staube3

Staube3 New Member

I appreciate the input and advice. I went out on a limb and purchased a new RAMPS board from Amazon. Wired it all up and when I powered it back on......MINTEMP Error! I really though I had it. I am finding it really hard to believe that the thermometer is bad from Robo 3D but I do suppose it is very possible. I am planning on directly wiring the thermometer next to bypass the connector. I feel like this is a long shot.

Let me know if you have any other recommendations here.