1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

OK. I would like a little insight about the firmware, roboOS, Octoprint.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Michael hineman, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Michael hineman

I am wanting to know more about each of these, particularly as to what each do? My roboOS is running the version 1.8.1-r2.1. I updated it that out of the box. What leads me to believe that I need to update the firmware is that I am missing a few of the wizards like the fine tune wizard and the bed calibration. My touchpanel screens also look considerably different than what I see in everyones posts. Is there a way to see your firmware version and what the current version is? I saw and tried to update the firmware to version posted here
    https://help.robo3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000722572-How-to-update-R2-firmware

but that does not work and causes my robo r2 to not boot until i reimage my SD card on my rasberry Pi.

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Screens are determined by the RoboOS version and unrelated to firmware. Might want to take pictures of what you think isn't as you expect. Note that it's likely the opposite, with what you see posted being outdated becasue of having been taken months ago.

A RoboOS update done with the update button updates everything that should be updated to match. There is nothing you should need to do manually unless you want to tinker with specific stuff.

3. Michael hineman

Here is my wizard screen. and file screen. I do not have any ability to sort the files like I have seen. I can not see update removing functionality. 20171227_185734.jpg 20171227_202426(1).jpg

4. Michael hineman

I do NOT have the ability to sort like shown in this picture Capture.JPG

5. Michael hineman

This print screen has more information then my print screen. This screen shows set points for temp as well as a completion bar and
    time left to print. Mine does not. Capture1.JPG
    Here is my screen......
    Capture3.JPG

6. Michael hineman

I do not even have this screen.
    upload_2017-12-27_22-31-5.png

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, it must be a RoboOS issue. you need to get Support to get you a new image (they have one to email you if you call them) or they can send you a new SD card. Not a firmware issue per se since the printer firmware has nothing to do with this -- the LCD is totally controlled by the Pi

I don't know where you got the screens you posted, but I would not trust anything from their docs :) They are not current with the actual LCD behavior, but that said you ARE missing some things (like the fine tuning wizard)

8. Michael hineman

I found another issue. I can get printer to boot by loading backup image to the sd card, but if I turn the printer off it will not boot up any longer. I have to pull the sd card and reimage it with backup and then it will boot again. Something is corrupting the SD card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

9. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Seems like your image might have been corrupted during the inital update before you backed it up, so you're always restoring a broken backup. Ask Robo for one.

That's why I did (and recommend doing) a backup before even powering it on initially (but of course since I did it I had no issue or need for it :D )

mark tomlinson likes this.
  10. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That is a message that unfortunately doesn't reach most people in time :)

Geof likes this.