1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Kick Starter Printer

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rileyAR15, Dec 28, 2017.

1. rileyAR15

rileyAR15 New Member

I have one of the kick starter printers. I have some time to get it back in working order. what i have in mind is switching it over to a Bowden Extruder and change the hot end not sure what one yet. Any help would be appreciated is there any old archived links?

Thanks for any help.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Almost all of the original threads are still here. I have two that started off as kickstarter printers (which is the BETA version just so you know). There are also R1 and R1+ and R2 and C2 versions now, all somewhat different.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

An E3D is a fine hotend, I can't speak for bowden conversion -- I left mine all direct drive, the other brand printers I have that are bowden are more problematic than any of my printers that are direct feed.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Any questions you have on the Beta we can handle.

5. rileyAR15

rileyAR15 New Member

Thanks good to know you have the BETA i do remeber the board had a over heat problem or the ramps and the heated bed would shut down in the middle of a print i did buy a solid state relay never hook it up yet but going to get hotend switch over and go from there.

Thanks

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I cut a hole in the base of the printer next to the arduino/ramps and mounted a 12v DC fan (about 2 inches in size, 3 inches would work too) that sucked air out over the boards.
    Tied it directly to the 12v supply (power on = fan on) problem solved.

Geof likes this.