1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved trouble with e3d v6

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by eric tobin, Jan 24, 2018.

1. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

ok, I installed a new e3dv6 hot end in my robo r1+. ever since I seem to be having trouble prining. the filament will feed for a short period, usually gets a raft and two or three layers down. I have tried different temps. I have the same problem whether it is pla or abs. I installed all the wires that came with it, it has a bowden tube installed. I cut a groove in the tube so that I can print with ninja flex. this set up worked fine with the original hot end.

2. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

Fan on bottom working?

3. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Did you do the required firmware changes?

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

what exactly is happening? Just jamming? Have you seasoned the hotend? Did you do the firmware changes ? Is the cold end fan running? Need some more info please and maybe some pictures of the fail your seeing so we can see it too.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

did everything but season it, i will try that next. fans are working, cant get a pic for you since the filament is not exiting the nozzle. I am assuming that the firmware changes are the new heater element and thermistor which I did install. Going to try a different set up with the Bowden tube and cure the hotend. I will let you know how that works

6. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

it acts like it just quit feeding the filament. the gears are turning but the filament does not advance trying the pressure arm for the hob gear. sounds stupid, but what is firmware? is it like software? realized I did the hardware, where can I find the firmware.

7. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

8. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

ok I understand that I need to make a change to the software, followed the link you gave me, thank you, but how do I find the damn file, I have tried everything I know. that's not a lot but it usually works, so now how do I get to the file I need to change

9. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

10. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

thank all of you that helped me, I truly appreciate everything.

Geof likes this.