1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

PETG for Robo R2

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Eric Viglotti, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Eric Viglotti

Eric Viglotti Member

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with printing PETG on the R2? I normally print PLA but for some outdoor items, I prefer PETG. I am printing with 240 hot end and 85 bed and the PEI sheet on the R2 bed. It seems to work pretty well, but boy it is really really hard to get the part off the bed. Specifically the skirt is very difficult to get off without scraping and sanding.

Anyone have this problem and any ideas of some angles for trial and error to play with?

Thanks!

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

use a little glue stick to keep the petg from sticking to hard to the petg. @WheresWaldo uses PETG pretty often and can likely chime in more.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

You need a release agent of some kind. At least I do, PETG and other copolymers can stick too well to the BuildTak or FakeTak or PEI bed surfaces. For me old habits dies hard and I just don't like the mess of glue sticks so I spray a bit of hairspray on the bed if I am going to print anything other than PLA. Also I never run the bed that hot for PETG, about 65°C is adequate with the build surface Robo provides.

Geof likes this.
  4. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

I tend to just press a bit less onto the bed when printing PETG/PC. One step on the Z leadscrew forced manually at the start usually does it.

5. Eric Viglotti

Eric Viglotti Member

All great info, thank you so much!