1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved SMART LCD CONTROLLER XXL appears dead! Help.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Robotizedzombiedroid, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Robotizedzombiedroid

Over the last few weeks, my Smart LCD Controller XXL display would occasionally & suddenly display 'gibberish' on the screen. A simple turn on-and-off of the printer (R1 +) would solve the problem & it would return to normal. Today, the symptom reappeared once again but this time, the screen went 'blank'. Still 'blue' but no characters at all on the screen. Has anyone encountered this problem? I'm trying to discern whether the problem is the LCD controller or possibly my printer's main board? Enquiring minds want to know.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

as much as I hate to say it, the majority of the times its the controller. Something you can do is ensure the cables are seated 100% (unplug and plug them back in to both the LCD and the ramps board) be sure to have power off and machine unplugged when you do it.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

sadly ... true. They are cheap electronics. There is not enough overhead or market to demand a lot more.

4. Robotizedzombiedroid

10-4
    Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I'll check all connections this weekend before ordering new controller. Fingers crossed.