1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Help needed with robo 3d chimera upgrade

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Salvatore Lacorte, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Salvatore Lacorte

Today I have upgraded to the chimera and in my last thread we adressed the issue with the broken stepper drivers. I have it all hooked up and working but there are a few problems. First off the z axis wont go down it will only go up. the stepper drivers are getting very hot. on the display it only has an option to spin 1 extruder but i have two. some motors are also making a high pitch noise. All help is appreciated.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I do not know what all you changed, but this is normally one or both of the Z home switches stuck open.

This is because you are using too much stepper driver current. Adjust the current down.

The firmware controls the display and while I have not done this as I already mentioned you will need to see what changes have to be made to enable the second extruder on the LCD.

3. Salvatore Lacorte

both z sensors are closed. Maybe its a firmware error

4. Salvatore Lacorte

what do you recommend i do.

5. Salvatore Lacorte

I fixed the problem with the z motors, it is laying on its side so the things would not get triggered. Now i am having a problem where my y motor is jumping around and squealing. any tips?

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Use Tom Sanlander's video and tune that stepper driver.

Geof likes this.