1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Jerk Settings - Marlin Firmware Upgrade

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Roberttrama, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Malek

Malek Member

I started having the exact same issue immediately after upgrading to 1.1.7 from 1.1.1. My prints were printing perfectly on 1.1.1 and I was able to control acceleration and jerk without problem. I'm using S3D. As soon as I upgraded to 1.1.7, the jerk and acceleration seemed to have gotten so much worse, despite the fact that I have both configured in S3D and starting script. I was printing at 90mm/s before and getting great results. Now I can't get anywhere near that speed without running for cover. I haven't tried tried any other slicer besides S3D since the firmware upgrade. The thing is, I always override jerk in my startup gcode. I have it set to 17 and always have, and as for acceleration, I set the outer perimeter to 500, and everything else ranging from 1500 - 2500 with great results. The new firmware seems to interpret these numbers differently than the old one. I can see in the terminal that the acceleration is being changed where it's supposed to.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Marlin version post 1.1.4 still support jerk settings using M205.
    If nothing else, take a look at the Marlin GITHUB. At some point Jerk settings were recoded so that they do not work the same way as they did in version prior to 1.1.4. There are likely open/closed issues regarding this change in Jerk behavior.