1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

finding spare parts for Robo R2

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PT156, Mar 11, 2019.

1. PT156

PT156 New Member

Hello

Most spare part are "sold out" on Robo R2 website
    Do you have alternative way of supply ?
    Where can I find a spare extruder ? thermistor ?

Thanks for your help

Paul (from France)

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The thermistor is "custom" to the version of the Hexagon hotend that they have sourced from China. Good luck finding one that exactly fits (there are a number of posts in here on this and perhaps @Geof or @WheresWaldo can suggest an alternative). The extruder is a fairly standard Hexagon (you can get these from Amazon -- look there for Hexagin hotend) and in both cases (the whole hotend and the thermistor) you need 24v rated versions since that is what the printer is using.

3. PT156

PT156 New Member

- Thanks Mark for your answer, if anyone can give me the link (Amazon, Aliexpress, both or other ...) of the exact extruder that will work fine, I will be very thankful.
    - I am also intersted to have the reference (or link) of the connector that have to be eventually changed to fit in my Robo R2 , or référence of adaptator if existing.
    - Does the hexagon hotend named "V6" can fit for Robo R2 ? is there inay improvement ?

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

The thermistor could be homemade it is simply a glass bead thermistor in a 3 mm OD brass tube using thermal cement to hold the bead in the tube. Other wise you could just buy some from Chinese suppliers on places like BANGGOOD or ALIEXPRESS or even AMAZON and EBAY.

I would suggest reading the mod threads about retrofitting an E3Dv6 before deciding if you really need one.