1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

wi-fi connection doesnt work.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by chn9292, Apr 17, 2020.

1. chn9292

chn9292 New Member

ı select to wifi configure to connect wifi but it doesnt Show networks. just stay as connecting.. need help !

2. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Is the wifi in the client mode or hosting mode? If the wifi is in the hosting mode, it won't connect to you house router.

3. chn9292

chn9292 New Member

no , everthing is normal actually , ı connect via Ethernet and searching over octo print but negative :(

4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Utilities -> Network -> Network Status & note the IP address assigned by your wifi router. Then in your browser, type in the IP Address and see if you can access the Octoprint server. The problem may be in the browser settings as the Octoprint server uses HTTP:// instead of the Internet normal of HTTPS://.

If you still cannot access the Octoprint server, consider redoing the SDcard as you may have a something corrupted in RoboOS. Did you make a backup copy of the SDcard when you first obtained the R2 printer? A link to a good image of the current RoboOS is found in the R2 FAQ.

#4 tkoco, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. chn9292

chn9292 New Member

everthing was normal. ı shutted it down and open again machine , it couldnt reach wifi. only saying ''connecting..'' due to , ı dont see any ıp adress. ı found my router ıp adress but how can do wth it ?Also RoboOS and marlin are updated version now. ı reseted everthing and set them up again.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you have a way to use an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi I would strongly suggest you do that.
    There have been issues with the "RoboOS" wifi from say one for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.
    The very first versions they had would ONLY connect on a router with a 192.x.x.x subnet :)

Sadly software was never their strongest area.

7. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Does your router work on the older 2.4 Ghz band? You stand a better chance using the lower frequency.

Next: As @mark tomlinson suggest, if your router has LAN ports, try connecting an Ethernet cable between the R2 printer and your router. Then recheck the Network Status menu to see if you get an IP address. You might have to power down the R2, connect the cable and then power up the R2 printer.

At least you will know that the R2 networking software is working. Does your smart phone connect to the wireless side of the router?

#7 tkoco, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  8. chn9292

chn9292 New Member

Yes every device connect to wifi well without Robo. :( anyway , i connected via cat6 cable. I use 2.4 GHZ value on wifi connection also tired 5ghz. it has never changed. Anyway, thank you so much your support.

9. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The original RoboOS had issues with routers using something other than the 192.168.x.x subnet
    Mine (for example) used 10.10.x.x and it would not connect to that WiFi.

Pretty sure they had sorted that in a later update, but I can't say for sure since mine all are connected with wired ethernet.

10. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

I agree that the IP subnet could be the issue. My router uses the 192.168.x.x subnet, so I have not seen this particular problem.

#10 tkoco, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020