1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved This printer is nothing but problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Robots in Disguise, May 15, 2015.

1. Robots in Disguise

My prints are coming out terrible upon startup . any fine tuning has made the printer stutter . I press print now and the printer heats up homes in and then just sits there and does nothing while the printer status says printing and the print time says 24 min to complete and then the percentage complete bar just flows through the time frame in under a minute . I am seriously concidering getting my money back .

2. Robots in Disguise

Not only that but when i change settings in extruder temperature to a new temperature as well as the bed temperature the program disregards the new saved temperatures. A few times the extruder heads temperature gauge was flashing between zero and 235 degrees and the fan kept turning on and off every time the gauge switched .

3. Droid

Droid Member

first, check all your wire connection, (including underneath the machine).
    second, delete and reinstall your mattercontrol.
    third, report back.

4. Robots in Disguise

Checked wiring , reinstalled matter control . Wiped the previous appdata location in C:\\ before reinstall . Is printing but not well at all

5. Robots in Disguise

6. Robots in Disguise

Thats supposed to be a circle ? This is just the skirt 6mm away from the object . The print had the same problem .

7. Robots in Disguise

8. Robots in Disguise

9. Robots in Disguise

What is this crap ?

10. Droid

Droid Member

Are your belts tight? Check all screws, put some lithium grease on smooth rods.

And print more than just the skirt, do a 25x25x25 test cube and post picture

11. Droid

Droid Member

It also looks like you need to check your extrusion rate, and what are your current z axis steps/mm?
    You may need to flash your arduino board with the correct files

12. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

First throw Mattercontrol right into the damn recycle bin on your computer. Do not use that crap. Start off by using Cura. Follow this guide on getting it setup http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/how-to-cura-setup.4169/ . After you get it setup print a 25mm test cube then post the results. We will get a more clear idea of issues you are having.

Jacobvs and mark tomlinson like this.
  13. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I clicked like only because the LOVE button is missing.

You almost certainly have something loose in the X or Y drive as well. Each of the axis (except for Z--which is 'UP') is driven by a stepper motor and belts. The pinion gears and cogs often have loose set screws. Use some loctite and they will stay snug. The belt itself may be loose, but check gears/set screws first.

Aura1989 likes this.
  14. Robots in Disguise

Ok I will do a simple scan of all the connecting drives and belt tensions . It seems that by the look of the print that the y- stepping motor is delayed . Ive replaced a part on the y axis belt when it arrived broken . What should be the proper tension on these belts . Aka the spring flick test . Should it vibrate at a high frequency or should it not be that tight . And have a lower bounce rate .

15. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Hard to describe. I used to ay that it needed to be tighter than I thought (I know, not really helpful).
    It should make a definite strum sound when you pluck it.

Make sure the set screws that hold the drive cogs onto the motor shafts (where the belt attaches to the motor) are tight. Sometimes you need to remove the belt and try to turn them by hand. They should NOT move by hand.

16. Robots in Disguise

I hope this printer gets up and running properly . I ordered this thing direct from robo3d in the end of march . After a replacement unit and the second one showing up broken inside the box ive yet to have a print thats usable . You can.imagine my investment is about to exceed its 800$ patience level

17. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

18. Robots in Disguise

Yeah ive used it . They have a guy that works in thier it department he is a total douchebag . Just real snark and always quick to turn the blame on the customer . If I saw him in person id punch him in the face . But then again I dont hit ladies .

19. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

Just get cura setup and print a test cube so we can help you out. If you need help setting it up feel free to ask here or on the shoutbox.

20. Robots in Disguise

Im pretty good with interface identification