1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Cant Get Robo3d To print on win10

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ed N, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Ed N

Ed N New Member

Hi all,

We are beginners in 3D printing

Our lab just received our Robo3D printer, I downloaded Mattercontrol 1.4 on my Windows 10 dell laptop, and I connected to the printer. I tried to print a part, and it seemed to prepare just fine (temps increased and printer calibrated position). Then when it begins printing the gears rotate and the printer moves around fine as they should but no filament is released, thus it wont print.

We then connected an Asus laptop with Win 8.1 and an older software version of mattercontrol (1.2.3) and did the exact same procedure, and this time it printed normal. We tried changed the software to 1.2.3 on the Dell Win 10 and it didn't fix it. Everything seems to work fine on printer, just won't print with this laptop.

Hard to find anything on the internet too...

Ed

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

And in case you wanted to rule it out, I am working with the Robo on Windows 10 (2 Robo units) and I know others are as well.
    Just make sure things like the USB power management is turned off and SLEEP mode is disabled.

You seriously might want to consider different software. This does sound specific to MatterControl.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

A couple of other free ones to try:

Reptier host
    Cura
    kisslicer

The real winner is Simplify3D (but, sadly, not free).
    My advice is as always, try all the free ones first and if they work... go with them.