1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo3d saved my ass!

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by pmichetti, Feb 12, 2016.

1. pmichetti

pmichetti New Member

image.jpeg I've had a robo3d printer for a while but life got busy and I didn't use it like I wanted. I have a motor home and one of my side marker lights fell off somewhere in Texas. The part I needed comes attached to a body panel which would have to be installed, then have a five color custom paint and clear coat. Definitely north of two thousand dollars.
    So I got out some calipers, measured the one on the other side and made a file in sketch up ( somewhere in Louisiana ). When I got home I printed it primed, painted and clear coated then epoxied it to the post panel. Less than $100 in paint and adhesives and it looks awesome!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I initially saw this as 'sHaved' was expecting to be laughing a lot.

Still well done. Nice to see a printer job for something useful that saves enough $$ to pay for itself.

I had a customer that bought a printer. On their very first day with it, they used it to prototype a new product idea. Prior to buying the printer, they would have had to order custom made hard tooling at a lead time of 6 months and $10,000.

Turns out the concept that they were working on didn't work! So, in a few hours, they saved weeks of work and $10k in tooling with a $1k printer and about $1 worth of filament.

Caleb Cangelosi and Geof like this.