1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Help! Extra part on bed after print.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kyler Williams, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Kyler Williams

After a 13 hour print I woke up to find the printer at an idle excited that a long print came out looking good. Little did I know there was a bigger issue that had arised. As I began to scrape the prints off the bed I happen to find there was an extra part on my print bed I thought it was just a bit of plastic but after further inspection I found it is a very small allen screw...

My question to you guys has anyone seen a screw like this and have any idea where it came from? I haven't tore my printer down any further than just taking the lid off so any suggestions help.

Thanks

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. TylerJ

TylerJ New Member

That would be the set screw on the aluminum block just above the nozzle. It holds the two red wires in place, which is the heater

Attached Files:

3. Kyler Williams

Wow I had looked all over and couldn't find where it came from. Thank you so much I had noticed my heater being lose and looking like it was free floating. Also it's on the back side of the block for my printer not on the bottom.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

4. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

good thing it didn't fall into you part. I saw "The 3D Printing Nerd" on youtube did a very large bender head print and had a nut fall into it. So he made it into a bank so he could get the part out.

5. Kyler Williams

Lol yeah I got lucky it was sitting in between the 2 parts so I just thought it was a blob of plastic and about threw it away before I noticed it had threads.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Lucky find! I use thread lock on all the Allen screws :)

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

And that folks, is the answer.

Geof likes this.
  8. Kyler Williams

I will be doing that from here on out. I've never really dismantled the printer before so I'm going to add lock tight when I go back with it.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Geof likes this.
  9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

When I got my printer I took it all apart and thread locked all the moving parts so I didn't have to worry about something coming lose. I used red "permanent" lock tight so it takes some real want to get it apart :) the blue stuff just doesn't give me peace of mind

10. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

There you have it Kyler. If you want to see how far down the robo hole goes, you have to choose between the red pill or the blue.

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay inWonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

Ahh, good old Matrix. Haha.

Geof likes this.
  11. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol!!!!