1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Hot end without screws Jammed!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Marcos Zuccaro, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Marcos Zuccaro

Marcos Zuccaro New Member

i got my robo a week ago and i allready have five problems with it, tough luck ! First three was because of the shipping sadly. Now after my second print, i dont know if i applied too much glue of something but it stopped pouring material. After checking all out i finded that the nozzle was jammed. I removed the bolts of the latch only to find out that the jammed filament was too short to get it out with a pair of tweezers. Next step, remove the nozzle, thats when i find out that the side allen screws were not on the side. The holes were there but nothing more, i dont know if its a new feature or something but if someone can help me out that will be awesome.
    The first pic is the jammed filament. The second one is where the screws supposed to be, plus in the first one you can see the allen key going all the way into the hole image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Hp0106

Hp0106 Member

Take a look at this:

http://imgur.com/a/eLCH6

Credit goes to Mike for this link as he posted it on a different thread

3. Ocsff

Ocsff Active Member

This is the new nozzle quick release as shown in the above link. Great feature.

4. Marcos Zuccaro

I disassembled the hot end! Sadly... The filament was damaged and when i heated up the nozzle to pull off the jam the filament broke now im worst than before! I scheduled an appointment with tech support here is a pic, i dont know if i had to disassemble the whole nozzle or what. Thanks for your help guys and your wisdom! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

I had that happen on the original R1 version of the hexagon.

Fixed it by clamping it up in a vise and very carefully drilling the filament out with a 1/16" drill bit that I had chucked up in the drill so that the length wouldn't allow it to go into narrow section of the heat break if the drill was bottomed out on the heat sink.

Drill about 1/4" deep, pull out, clean off filament on drill bit, repeat until full depth reached.

Not a readily available option for someone that doesn't have a good selection of drill bits and equipment in their personal shop though.

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, as @WheresWaldo link will show you just remove the nozzle and you can clear it out.

At some point if you use the printer long enough you are going to want to swap the nozzle anyway so learning how to do it is a good thing.

8. Marcos Zuccaro

ty guys for your help, this community is awesome!
    im looking at the glass half full here. two prints so far and i almost disassembled the whole machine !
    I learned a lot so far, i think i just need to loose the fear of screw something up!
    I will wait what tech support have to say and put some hands on it! i will let you guys know how it went!
    if you have any more advice let me know!!

9. Marcos Zuccaro

I had a meeting via skype with the tech support of robo 3d and they helped me out in seven minutes i was re-assembling my 3d printer and i was good to go! Now its doing wonders!! Thank you all!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

mark tomlinson likes this.