1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Refurbished R1 model sale. Good or Bad idea?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Acclamator777, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

That would be great. Congrats on the new robo!

2. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

I have a regular R1 and the rods go all the way up and are captured in holes in the case. I also have the Ribbon cable on the heated bed. I did not have the lead screw update but I added that later when robo made them availible as an upgrade ( right around the time the R1 + came out )

I bought my printer on amazon on may 17th 2015.

I would be all over that refurb R1 deal regardless if it was the + version or not if I didn't already have 2 printers and i want the R2 when it comes out.

#22 KTMDirtFace, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  3. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

My R1+ was one of the ones that did not have the r1+ printing on the heated bed. The box did indicate it was a R1+. It has the Z stabilizers and the lead screw update and so far the problem I've run into has been with my own ignorance. It is quite a learning hobby. Compared to anything else $499 is a decent price, since it does have the large build volume and a heated plate. At that price point I've seen ones that were PLA only because of the lack of a heated bed may not have the support the Robo has. If you are not new and can fix your own printer and have the extra dough to buy parts if needed-ultimately the 6 month warranty means nothing to you, then I say buy one of the others- if not, this is a no brainer if you are willing to be an early adopter of 3D printing. Shortly after, make sure to reserve another $149 for Simplify 3D. That goes for any printer you choose to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. Acclamator777

Acclamator777 New Member

Went ahead and got the refurbished R1. Had it up and running in about an hour and WOW! This is my first 3D printer and I am very impressed with it.

Geof and GAmbrosio like this.
  5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Congrats on the new printer!!!!

Feel free to post questions or even just prints to show off your new printer in the show and tell section.