1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Print Head Moves up continuously when auto leveling

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jordan Serafin, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Jordan Serafin

So for some reason, my printer head is now deciding to move up whenever it auto levels. As it moves to each corner where it would normally lower to touch the bed and raise up, instead it moves to the corner and just raises a bit, then moves to the next corner and raises even more and so on. After it does this and gets very very high, it lowers and starts printing in the air. This happened after I pressed "Print" in cura, then pressed the "tool down" button. Im not sure if me pressing the button to move the printer down while it was begginning printing messed it up somehow, but that's the only thing that could have caused this that I can think of.

To resolve this I tried using mattercontrol instead (which did the same thing)... I also tried unplugging the USB from the printer, and turning it off and on. I also reflashed the firmware to the printer which did nothing, and I also closed/reopened cura. Nothing has seemed to fix the issue, and now when I try to press the "tool down" button, it won't move down (but will allow me to use the "tool up" button still) and gives me this message:

[​IMG]

2. Jordan Serafin

Resolved, one of the z-axis switches (the one on the left side) was not making contact with the carriage, so I had to adjust it and all is well!

Geof, mark tomlinson and MChrisP1 like this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Good catch. That is ALWAYS what those symptoms mean :)
    One of the Z switches is not working correctly.

Geof likes this.