1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved No z axis control on rrdiscount full graphics LCD?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Fruition_Factory, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Fruition_Factory

Not sure if its standard with the lcd but after installing it and flashing the firmware with the sd support and correct lcd un-commented i noticed that i can only control the X, Y axis's via the controller. There is not even an option to select "Z". Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is this just standard that if you switch to the LCD.

I go from the main screen > prepare > move axis > 10mm > My selections here are X or Y, no Z. seems strange, want to know if this is normal as it is pretty impractical and if it is the norm i think i am just going to keep using a PC.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Did you go to the control screen and see only one axis listed?

3. Fruition_Factory

Wow mark, thanks for being on it so quickly. On the screen you see @ 0:22 in your video, i have only 2 options. Move X, and Move Y. No Z, and i never even thought about the extruder which i do not have either. Do you know where i went wrong? I used the firmware from here (http://guide.robo3d.com/Wiki/ROBO_3D_Firmware_Release_Notes) V3, un-commented SDhardware support, and the full graphics controller, then flashed it.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

It must be set to move 1 mm or less, otherwise you will only see X and Y. It's a Marlin thing, nothing to do with the LCD panel or with Robo3D

5. Fruition_Factory

Waldo, your a scholar and a saint good sir.