1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered PETG Settings can anyone help with M code and scaling temperature through a print!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Hubcapnorims, May 2, 2016.

1. Hubcapnorims

Hubcapnorims New Member

Im having trouble with the extruder cooling too much when printing with PETG. The print stops in the middle of perfectly good prints for no reason. Any help ? I had read that you can scale the temperature through code but i am not finding a good source of info. Or should i just buy simplify 3d?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

What symptoms do you have... any errors?

3. robocad

robocad Member

Temperature problems arent filament related. When you say the print stops are you saying it stopped extruding liked it jams or the printer just stops? And is your software telling you the temperature is dropping? There is a safety feature in the firmware where if it reads the temperature as too low it will stop extrusion, if this is the case its most likely an electronic issue, your thermistor or your heater element is going bad.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Or fans cooling the hotend to the point it shuts it down. Should register a temp fall error. Ceiling fans would kill mine...the ac also wreacked havok