1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Extruder wont release filament after heating up

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mike aguilar, May 3, 2016.

1. mike aguilar

mike aguilar New Member

Ok I took a break from printing things for awhile as I finished a Fallout clock for my daughter. It was cool and I was happy and she loved it. The next object I tried printing was a holder for my go pro, but here is where problem started. This happened a month ago so I been real busy with work but anyhoo I tried to see if this problem still continued. It did, so here is the problem I was feelding my filament through the top into the hole after this heated up to 180, and I am using PLA, havent had the balls to use ABS but im happy with the turnouts with PLA so far. Anyways, as I start to print Im seeing some filament oozing and I clean off the head, as it starts to print, it will not release any filament. Thinking I have a clog somewhere or inside it not sure.. but I reviewed Anthony's video on how to determine if its a clog or a stuck issue or something. I havent dived into finding out just yet. So a few weeks ago I fired the machine up again tried to see if its going to behave and still have the same issue but still it does ooz out some filament prior to print but will not print out anything. So here I am waiting for my weekend to come across which wont be too long here YAY me! Im wondering if I have to replace head if heads bad or tear apart in which i have very little confidence in tearing apart and end up with a 700 dollar paper weight...

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Tell us about your printer ? A stock printer wont extrude under 185...i print 195 but thats not real useful as temps vary. Up your heat and see what happens

3. mike aguilar

mike aguilar New Member

Ok thanks for replying it's a robo 3D plus I usually heat it up to 210 to run. I load it around 185 as it says on printer. Anymore info needed lemme know. Thank you

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Will it extrude filament when you turn the large gear by hand ?(heated up)

If no probably a jam. Check to make sure that little fan on the left side of the cold wnd (above the nozzle) is running all the time (should run even with power on and no heat)

Do you use a oiler?

5. mike aguilar

mike aguilar New Member

Havent used a oiler yet im sure that will add ease to it or help this issue from happening again.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If you run pla alot ... or sometimes... i guess just if you run pla it will jam in the nozzle if you dont season the hotend or run an oiler

mike aguilar likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

8. mike aguilar

mike aguilar New Member

Thanks guys I will look into this as well as seeing if this fixes. Much appreciated !