1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Need working settings for PETG and MatterControl

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by PickyBiker, May 26, 2016.

1. PickyBiker

PickyBiker Active Member

I am using my Robo 3d with PETG and MatterControl. With my current settings, I need to get the extruder up to 270 degrees to print without clogging. Any temp below that causes clogging and the extruder chews into the filament. The high temp is proving to be difficult to maintain and I have been told by respected users that it is too high anyway. I suspect there might be settings I can use to print in the 250 degree range.

If you are using a Robo 3d R1 8mm with MatterControl and eSun PETG, would you please share you settings.

in case it makes a difference, my eSun PETG is the clear color.

Thanks.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

It could be some debris left in the nozzle, they are cheap to buy from places like Amazon of direct from Asia. A second alternative would be to use some sort of cleaning filament like that made by eSUN (also available from Amazon). That way you can be sure there is nothing inhibiting extrusion. I am not sure settings alone will be helpful. But if you want to look, there is a whole thread dedicated to PETG in the Printing Filaments sub-forum.

Geof likes this.
  3. PickyBiker

PickyBiker Active Member

I tried a new nozzle and a new tube but no help.