1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Source for good LM8UU bearings

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by WZ9V, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WZ9V

WZ9V Active Member

Can anyone recommend some good LM8UU bearings. I tried some from Amazon on my Y axis since I had some problems with the original ones. Now these seem to have more play than seems reasonable. The bed wobbles at the extremes. Want to try some better ones and see if the bed is more solid afterward.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there. All that I have used regardless of from where have the play you describe but causes me no issue. I'm switching to @WheresWaldo y axis alternatives when this set goes bad. I test fitted them and no wobble at all.

WheresWaldo likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

4. WZ9V

WZ9V Active Member

OK, those are the ones I got. They were much better than the stock ones that lost balls the first time I had to remove the bed. I was thinking of trying that same upgrade, maybe now is the time.

WheresWaldo and Geof like this.
  5. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Inexpensive ones are fine. The key is to make sure to clean them well and then lube and clean then before install and keep the rods lubed over time to keep them working reliably. Most come dirty, dry, or both. That won't help the wobble, but will keep them working. The bronze bushings are the way to go if you ever get to needing to replace them for helping with wobble, noise, and smooth operation. I'm actually going with 10mm rods and bushings to see if that helps over the 8mm. I have bushings for both and I'm curious. But that's a Fall project for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.